- Applications and deposits will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Payments are done via bank transfer. Once your application is sent, an invoice will be sent via email closer to the date of the festival.
- Note: Total Balance Due must be received by 15th of September, 2021.
- In order to be an active participant, the student must be at least of intermediate level in order to play the exercises assigned by the teacher. During each individual workshop, students will be asked to practise for 2-4 minutes. Then, students will demonstrate what was taught and the teacher will comment, assist, and correct the student. The student must be willing to play in-front of other students in order to be an active participant. The faculty feel this is a better way for them to make sure the participants understand the concepts that are being taught. Beginners or very private individuals are welcome to sign up as observers and will not be made to play in-front of others. There are 2 fees for each participant category.
- Once full payment is received, a Zoom link to the general festival will be sent via email along with the YouTube links to all the concerts. We ask that you do not share the Zoom links with anyone else. These are for participants only. Thank you for your understanding.
- Not from the UK? Maybe the time difference is an issue? We can work something out. Please email Valérie to see how we can make this work for you and adjust any fees. email@example.com
For the workshop in September we will have four intense workshops given by Mathew James, Eleanor Kelly, Daniela Rossi and Valérie Hartzell. We will focus on Carcassi No 2: how to base dynamics on analysis, left hand work out, right hand work out, and how to practise to practise properly. Eleanor will be focusing on a slur workout, separate for the Etude. The idea is that you will be able to walk away with the ability to apply everything you have learned to another piece or Etude. We will suggest another piece to learn that is similar to the Carcassi Etude and we will meet for another online workshop in January or February.
£50 for active participants (anyone in lessons or playing guitar for a year or more) and £30 for non-active participants (observers with guitars - complete beginners). Participants will not be asked to perform. The faculty only wish to make sure participants understand the concept through short demonstrations. This will allow the faculty to assist and adjust so all participants understand.
Not a guitarist? For £15 you can pop in and out watching the workshop and then join us for the concert. OR, if you are out of town on the weekend of the event, you can choose this option and I will send you the passcode to the Participant's page. Videos recorded at the workshop will be added Sunday and Monday for you to watch.